Your spot for what's kicking in the world of soccer.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Ricardo Montolivo caught chuckling during a moment of silence


There has been a huge uproar in Italy over the images of Fiorentina's Ricardo Montolivo getting all giggly during a minute of silence in honor of the six that were killed during flash floods in Genoa, Italy. This has not gone down well with in Italian media and the player has made a statement combating the claims:

"I am ashamed of my smile during the minute's silence,'' Montolivo told Gazzetta dello Sport.
"It's a gesture that I don't remember but it's inexplicable and absolutely out of place.
"I didn't realise the minute's silence had already started and the tension ahead of the game can sometimes make you do things that you would not do otherwise.
"However, there are no excuses for that and hence, I apologise to all the people that felt offended by it and I send my condolences to the families of the victims of the flash floods.''
I think we all know how it feels to get a bout of laughs at an inappropriate time, I sure as shit do. To have this blown up in a massive way is unfortunate for the player. I have heard reports that he claimed that team mate Alessandro Gambarini farted during the ceremony, which made the midfielder crack a smile. Anyway check the vid below and tell me what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment